Sunday, February 14, 2010

Each day that goes by brings something new: Holding her head up, reaching for toys, taking naps in her crib like a big girl... She is just starting to actually interact with us a little, but we have such limited time between naps and feedings. She is not really a "crier" (I hope this doesn't jinx me!) but has started to throw mini-tantrums if her feeding sessions do not go according to her specifications. For instance, if she has trouble latching or if she falls asleep and stops nursing, she will awake howling at me! Her face goes from peach to red in the matter of milliseconds!
For naps and bedtime, she actually appears to have a favorite CD to listen to. She has two Cd's right now, but since they were such a success, we have ordered a few more! They are the Rock-a-bye Baby CD series that takes contemporary or classic rock music and makes them into lullabies. She has the two Beatles Cd's and really seems to prefer the second one. When I turn it on, she stops whatever vocalization she is making and will actually listen to it for a little bit!
Here are some pictures of Isabel in her Lion Swing and Bumpo seat... Enjoy!
Isabel enjoys time in her Lion Swing!

Fascinated by the ceiling fan...


She is just starting to show interest in toys.


The Bumpo seat is also encouraging her to sit up and supports her head and back,





but sometimes she would rather just be held...


5 comments:

  1. She's so cute. It's amazing how fast they start to look at the world and attempt to figure it out. I can't believe she's starting to hold her head up already. (But then she doesn't have the big noggin that Tyler has...:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the snapshots and blog! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is precious. I just want to hold her so bad.
    This is Aunt Dawn. It will only let me post as anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like how you call her noises 'vocalizations' :) you aren't a zookeeper are you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah...didn't even realize I did that! I also keep a feeding chart on her...guess hand-raising rubbed off on me :)

    ReplyDelete