Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Isabel awoke this morning to every girl's nightmare on her birthday (she is 4 weeks old today)- acne and a receding hairline! The baby books soothed my panic by assuring that both were normal and that her skin would clear and her hair will grow back. Sigh of relief!

She appears to be changing every day! Today she began to grab at a toy hanging from her chair swing. She can't quite do it on her own, but once she has her little fingers around something, she has quite a grip as my scalp can attest to following a hair-pulling incident...my hair, not hers! She never fails to make me laugh, though. During a feeding this morning, she burped while still attached to me and ended up giving my boob a raspberry! I had to contain my laughter until we finished the feeding session as I did not want to dislodge her.

She occasionally gets fussy during feedings, so I have started trying a few things. First, I am repositioning her so she is sitting straighter- to prevent gas bubbles, which I think is the root of the problem. If that doesn't work, then I have to look at the bigger picture, which includes my diet...meaning the possibility of little to no cheese, milk, or yogurt! Changing her position seems to have helped so far, but we will have to wait and see if that is the solution.

We are waiting for Tim to get home to hopefully take some birthday pictures, which I will post as soon as I can :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are doing well! Also try burping her during a feeding, either in between breasts, or just stopping mid-feeding. I had to do that with Kevin, as he tended to gulp so fast he'd inevitably swallow a bunch of air! She is absolutely beautiful, enjoy the time while she is young!

    ReplyDelete