Sunday, February 7, 2010

Our First Post









Isabel and I decided to begin this blog as a centralized way to keep in touch with our friends and family. With so many people being either anti-Facebook, anti-Twitter, or changing their email addresses frequently, we figured this would be a better way to keep in touch. I am hoping to update this as frequently as Isabel will allow...

On with the post:

Isabel is now one day away from being 2 weeks old! I can't believe it has been 2 weeks already. My mother friends have warned me that it would fly by and they were so right. The amazing part is that time does not fly by when she is fussy at 1AM. How is it that the clocks appear to actually move backwards at that hour? And as long as I am questioning the universe, how is it that she can sleep through TV, vacuuming, and walks, but the second I place her already sleeping form in the crib for a nap her eyes pop wide open and she is soooooo awake?

A few days ago, I felt like Supermom! I was changing her and was just about to remove the dirty diaper from ontop the clean one I had already placed when I heard the familiar sound of incoming disaster... I managed to pull the dirty diaper out in time to catch flying fecal matter in mid-air! How proud I was that my reaction time was faster than an erupting baby! If only the Supermom karma could last me through the next day's changing table challenge... She had what I now refer to as a "two-fer" which means "two for one" in that she pooped twice in a 30sec span. But not only did she have a two-fer, she peed at the same time as well. The planets aligned into what can only be referred to as a natural disaster of biblical proportions. Of course, the diaper was half-way off as I was in the middle of changing her. I valiantly tried to save the clean diaper underneath, but Noah's Flood had nothing on what was coming out of my baby's behind! Several wipes, a new changing pad, and a fresh set of clothes later, I could only laugh.

6 comments:

  1. See, your zookeeper abilities are coming in handy! She's beautiful, Sam, and I look forward to meeting her when I get a chance to come back out to Houston for a visit... :)

    -- Corri

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is going to love you talking about her "private matters" so publicly when she grows up.

    but, really, what a terrific idea to keep people up to date. she is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first picture there reminds me of Sam when she was little. She would first ask if we liked seafood. lol Then she would open up her mouth (full of food), stick out her tounge, and say "SEE FOOD"!!
    Like mother...like daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations,Tim,Sam,Isabel and grandma Elaine,
    Isabel is a doll,a beautiful little girl. Txs for sharring..
    Diana from Deux Montagnes
    from the cruise....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats. You guys did great! What a beautiful baby. But that was to be expected, right? Enjoy it all. They grow up so fast. I love being a mom.
    Best to you all
    Sue Garvin, Calif

    ReplyDelete
  6. your story of Isabel and her timming to release the bladder pressure reminds me of when your grandma, your mom and I were in a drugstore in Dallas having a light lunch. Your mom sitting squarly on my lap decided it was a good time to release her bladder pressure and me with kaki pants. fortunately your grandma was still wearing full skirts (skirts that went well below the knees and wide)so she walked very close infront of me. Thats my great-grand-daughter. quick learner. takes after myside of the family.

    ReplyDelete